School isn’t just about academic learning so we organise ‘extra curricular’ activities to enable children to explore their interests. Some of these activities are within the school day, like our lunchtime Year 6 Bug Club, and some are out of school hours.
We offer extra-curricular activities such as:
- Reception and Year 1 ‘Cosmic Kids’ yoga club on Tuesdays after school.
- KS2 Code Club on Thursdays after school.
- Year 5/6 Football coaching on Thursdays after school.
For more information please ask at the school office.
We need to know which children are going to which club at least the day before the club happens (to ensure appropriate staffing, and so that everyone know where children are meant to be at the right time).
- Consent slips must be returned at least the day before the club.
- If a slip is returned on the day of the club, then the child will start attending the following week.
- Families cannot ring up of the day to ask if a child can/is doing club (it must be decided the day before).
Having this information in advance will allow the club staff to speak to class staff, in advance, to ensure that they and the children know who is coming to the club that day.
If families have completed a consent slip for a club, and children do not attend for two weeks (for unknown reasons – not genuine absences like sickness) then the club staff will take them off the register, and offer the place to children on the waiting list.
Local out-of-hours activity and care providers:
- Ridge Community Centre, on Ridge Square, run a Breakfast Club charged at £0.20p per day, or £1 per week, followed by a walking bus to bring children to school. See their poster online here.
- Rising Stars Nursery, based next door on Firbank Road, provide two chargable Breakfast Club options. Call them on 01524 383366 for more details.
- Morecambe Road School run after school, Saturday and Holiday Clubs (MOROs) for children with additional needs, which siblings can attend too if places are available. The clubs are as enrichment opportunities and include music workshops, drama, cookery, etc. All are staffed and managed by experience and qualified school staff. Their Club details and booking forms are on their school website: http://www.morecambe.lancsngfl.ac.uk/out-of-school-clubs/.
- Scotforth After School Club offer breakfast, after school and holiday clubs. Their website has more details: http://www.scotforthafterschoolclub.co.uk/.
- Lancaster and Morecambe College run a number of after school clubs for children. Their letter to families is available online here.
- Bay Childminding Network are the local network for childminders. Their contact details are: Bay Childminding Network, Po Box 98, Morecambe, Lancashire, LA3 2AH. Tel: 01524 85 80 66.
- The Childcare.co.uk website is a website that allows families to search for local child care providers, including after school clubs, childminders, and nannies: https://www.childcare.co.uk